Thursday 16 March 2006

48 Not Out

Today, I had by far the Very Best Birthday Present Ever.

Andrew's now nearly 5, and when I told him today was my Birthday, he wondered why there was no cake. But he promised me one the next time I had a Birthday.

He then spontaneously started singing:
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Zeddie,
Happy Birthday To You!
Hip Hip HURRAY Hip Hip HURRAY Hip Hip HURRAY!

So there I am. We still get to play Daddy games, I have everything I had before, and so much more now. I get to cuddle him and kiss him goodnight, and hold him next to my breast. Zeddie, that's me.

See what I mean about "Best Birthday Present Ever"?

Next Birthday, my body won't be so uncomfortably anomalous too. But that's a small matter in comparison. Motherhood, or as close as I could get to it, was always more important to me than Femininity.

No comments: